genuine communion within and among the Institutes of the Third Order Regular throughout the world, by fostering Franciscan life and spirituality in harmony with the spirit and content of the Rule and its fundamental values which are based on the Gospel and in accordance with the teachings of the Church.
and maintain solidarity among the Institutes by:
- mutual assistance, spiritual and material,
- collaboration in the apostolate,
- mutual information and communication, assistance in the field of formation,
- special concern for smaller and more isolated Institutes,
- the creation and support of regional or national Franciscan federations or organisations wherever one or several of these means are desired.
with the First and Second Orders and with the Secular Franciscan Order.
and disseminate research in Franciscan spirituality and history.
the member Institutes of the International Franciscan Conference in the Church, within the Franciscan family and in the world.
or initiate efforts to safeguard the universal rights of every human person according to the Gospel, with special regard and respect for life, freedom, justice and the environment.